Save time when giving your virtual assistant instructions and use screen recording to show him what you want him to do. It’s the fastest way of communicating with your virtual work force.
(Written by My Virtual Assistant)
For a Virtual assistant, video instructions prepared by a screen-recording tool are the most effective and fastest way of communication. They can save a lot of time for both parties most of the time, and instructions are accurate and to the point.
I quickly learned new and complicated skills
For example: When I started using SBI Sitesell’s different interfaces, I had no idea about how to use it. Then, I was provided with a pretty short video which was not more than 5 minutes long showing how I can use different features of it.
It was a real help and in my opinion it saved a lot of time and effort on both sides.
An experience where video instructions would have helped a lot
Not long ago, I experienced working with another employer. He had a complicated job where I had to illustrate his WordPress website. He asked me to come on to chat via Yahoo messenger where he provided me instructions and tried to instruct me
- on how to perform that job
- which interface I should use
- and which options I should not change
Honestly speaking, it took around 5 to 6 hours to instruct and train me.
I was thinking that if he could provide me a video instruction, this would have been over in five minutes.
There are some limitations to instructions via video
On the other hand, just like other tools, these screen-recording instructions also have some disadvantages and limitations:
- The quality of audio and video should be fair and clear
- Videos should not be very long
- Sometimes it’s hard to determine the sequence of instruction videos, so it’s always helpful if you save them in an organized method.
- In comparison to written instructions, videos are always hard to review again. If you want to review a single point of the instructions, you will have to watch and review the whole video again.
- If you are using an online server for uploading videos, sometimes it takes too long to stream the whole video.