Virtual Assistant Hiring and Training Updates
- As I have mentioned in my previous work update that I already hired one of the two virtual assistants, but he hasn’t started his work yet. It was a little disappointing for me that he told me to start working on the project from Saturday due to his studies. I already have invested enough of my time on explaining tasks to him, and also because we have a flexible deadline for this task, so I agreed to this term.
- Next day, I received a Skype invitation from the other candidate. I accepted her invitation and started discussing the different aspects of the project. During our conversation, all of sudden she disappeared without any notice. I waited for her for some time, but she didn’t reply. After 2 hours, I got a message from her that she went away and now she is back. I think this is one of the bad business ethics from a virtual assistant, so I didn’t consider her for this position anymore. I went back to the Upwork, messaged her about the work and asked her to contact me over Skype.
- Today, I received the invitation from the other candidate, I discussed the project with her in detail. She had a lot of questions, that I answered one by one. She was a little hesitant to start the project right away and offered me to work on the first batch without being hired. I refused her offer, but I forwarded her the instructions for the project so that she don’t have any doubts in her mind. After reading the instructions she was very much ready to perform.
- I assigned her the first batch of the posts. Luckily, while she was working I was also available through Skype, so whenever she was stuck with something I helped him out.
- Shortly, she completed this batch of posts and reported me back. I reviewed her work. Mostly it was very well done. However, I asked her for a couple of changes so that she also takes care of those issues in the future.
- After she made those changed, I re-looked at all posts, released her first milestone payment, created and submitted a new batch of work for her.
- Thanks for letting me know about this purchase and also for sending the login credentials.
- I have started reading the starter guide.
- Also installed the OptimizePress plugin on the PPG site.
- Watched some more tutorial videos, but haven’t started building any landing page yet. There are still some videos left, so I will start working on this once I finish the starter guide.
Other Administrative Support:
- I have also started watching the other videos that you’ve recorded and I have moved to the OneDrive folder.
- By mistake, I logged into another team while working for you, so I have added a manual time of 2:10 hours. I have saved all screenshot within the High priority folder, so please have a review of it.