viral list builder
Interested in strongly accelerating your email list building results?
Follow along as I show you how a Virtual Assistant can help you bring you traffic and subscribers.
Why is an email list important?
Building an email list is the most important step of truly getting successful with your online business.
- Get ahead of your competition by starting your online business with the right set of tools.
- As you “capture” interested people in your email list, you can start building a relationship with them. This way, it will be most effective when you really want to recommend a product to them.
Having a responsive, growing list is crucial for your success.
Getting traffic to your websites is the first step for building your list.
How a Virtual Assistant can help you with tasks within your email marketing service
I tested different email delivery services and without question, Aweber is the best one. It has extensive training materials available. This makes it very easy even for an inexperienced (and possibly lower cost) Virtual Assistant to get trained without much effort from the side of you, the employer.
Some tasks that are time consuming that can be effectively outsourced to a VA:
- Set up emails from a word file in the Aweber interface. Especially if you use advanced designs, colors etc
- Moving email autoresponders that you have set up in the past with the classic autoresponder to the more flexible and modern campaign builder. This can be very time consuming to do on your own if you have long autoresponders or many lists
- Setting up lists if you segment your audience. This means that you send one set of messages to visitors interested in one aspect of your business and another one to other groups of your visitors. This allows for much better conversion rates.
- Your VA can review reports, analytics from the Aweber interface and point out actionable informations for you, so that you don’t have to review the analytics yourself. Checking on analytics daily is a very pointless and ineffective, but easy to fall in time consuming activity. Just leave it to your VA who will focus on just the right things.
Put to work an email list building ebook with a VA
Your email list building efforts should all start with a comprehensive list building blueprint.
The overall blueprint involves a lot of work. Just to be honest with you.
The work needed for these strategies to work is more time consuming than hard, actually. And that’s exactly the right moment to leverage your time using outsourcing.
You can turn the hard work into more easy list building by getting one trustworthy Virtual Assistant to help you.
What are some steps to start?
First, it’s important to understand the concept of a viral list builder.
If you don’t stay focused and jump right in, you risk losing lots of time and even money, as these services try really hard to upgrade you from free to paying members!
Three proven services that work
Here are three services (from a choice of many dozen services – don’t get sucked into it too fast!) that you can check out to generate quite a bit of traffic.
- Inform yourself about the email service Viralinbox to keep the emails in your personal email account manageable. This is especially useful when you start using multiple viral list builders!
- Protect all your “viral affiliate links” that you will use in this email list building project with ViralURL.
- Ready to effectively generate traffic? To start, I recommend the State-of-the-Art-Mailer (SOTAM) from personal experience (including a free ebook with step-by-step instructions!).
No need to do all at once (even if all these services will try to convince you to sign up everywhere).
Stay calm and focused, and work with your VA on each service until you get the traffic and results you need. Don’t invest any money (except in your assistant, of course), before you don’t see any subscriptions.
A short definition on what a viral list builder is:
You click emails to receive credits. You use the credits to send emails of your own. With these emails, you can build your own list to market your own products.
Why is it viral?
The concept of a viral list builder is strongly tied to the idea of adding people to your so-called downline. A downline is a list of people that have signed up under your affiliate link to the list mailer in question. They are assigned to you. When they refer people, their own downline is also associated to you.
Most viral list builders reward referrals with more traffic and credits to you. In other words, the more the service is referred, the more traffic can be made. This motivational rewards were quickly coined “viral”. Although the “viral” aspect is, in my opinion, the least important one of using a (free) list mailer.
How can you profit from using a viral list builder?
You will get, if you use it correctly:
- Traffic – to the landing page of your choice that you mention in your emails sent through the mailers
- Money – either by referrals to your mailer or by selling items, subscriptions or services through your landing page
- Reach – you can connect to an additional audience that you might not have reached if you relied only on search traffic.
Note that most people interested in list mailers are heavily interested in the areas of traffic generation, blogging, webmaster topics and internet marketing. If you want to promote a blog about cats, then using list mailers is not the best tactic.
It will still work, because there may be cat lovers under the webmasters you reach. But the traffic is much less targeted if your niche is far outside of the topic of internet marketing.
How good is the quality of the traffic?
Most visitors generated with list mailings are from the US, Canada or the United Kingdom
One fear you might have before joining a list mailer, is that the traffic could be low value. Check out the demographics of my landing page, where I sent a few hundreds visitors with a list of my best list mailers. As you can see, most of the visitors come from the US.
Do you need a professional landing site?
No you don’t. In fact, as part of my experiment, I wanted to measure if I could get results (sign ins to my newsletter) with only a basic free one-page blogger page. This took me 5 minutes to set up, and I wrote a summary of what I offer in my newsletters in less than one hour.
Then, I added a sign-in form, and the rest is managed by my email marketing assistant from there.
Bottom line: the traffic converts well – given that the landing page is rather unprofessional and not yet even split tested for better results. I convert about 0.5 % of the visitors generated through the list mailers into subscribers.
This looks scammy. Why should you do this?
The whole concept of a mailer being “viral” is pretty much hype.
Don’t deal with hype.
Use the free services (don’t get sold into premium services until you really are convinced it works). See if you can convert the traffic into subscribers. Only then think about professional landing pages, premium accounts in the best performing list mailers etc.
How to build your email list with viral list mailers:
This is the critical lesson you have to take away from this page: don’t focus on building your downline on a given service. In the end, this builds someone else’s business, not yours.
Instead, send them to your own landing page instead of building your downline.
If you “accidently” generate referrals and get a downline, use it only to send more traffic to your private landing page.
Convert visitors into your private, owned email list. Then, market to that list as you see fit, without being controlled by the list mailers restrictions.
Disadvantages of viral list mailers (and how to turn them into opportunities):
- You don’t own your list if you only build your downline.
Since this is the biggest risk, it’s worth repeating.Solution: Use a landing page. If you don’t want to bother with a professional landing page, try out one done with blogger for example.
- Earning credits takes time.
This is true no matter how you try using viral mailers. To generate traffic, you need to read and open other’s emails. You need to click links to generate credits. This is all very dull. And what do you do when you have dull, repetitive work that isn’t worth your time…?Solution: You outsource it, of course. This can be done very easily, and you can even save your instructions and send them to a growing team of virtual assistants, if you really want to scale up your traffic generation.
- You can only mail so often.
Each list mailer has only a limited frequency when you can use your credits. Even if you generate tons of credits with a virtual assistant, you can’t spend them all at once.Solution: Use several list mailers (see our best viral mailer post) and organize your mailings nicely. Any calendar tool will help you with reminding you which mailers need to be sent out when. This way, you scale up your results.
- Your email inbox gets flooded.
No way around this one. You will get many many emails, especially if you sign up with multiple viral list builders.Solution: That’s what viralinbox is for. Alternatively, make a separate account and organize yourself using gmails free functions.