Thank God for the audio recorder! When writing website content, I’m possibly one of the most writing-lazy persons you can imagine.
Still, I have managed to create two websites full of written content. By the way, you’re right here on the second website, it’s ideal-helper.com.
You need to know that I wrote the first one myself. It was very hard to do, especially the writing. Here’s how you can make this happen in a smarter way.
With the help of a virtual assistant, you could outsource yourself out of the equation of writing, too.
Instead of writing website content, you can easily use audio recordings to create the written work. Of course, you need the help of a transcriptionist to do so. But in the end, this results in extremely fast blogging or article “writing”.
Are you a SBI! owner?
For my SBI! friends, I have created a page about…
Training your own
What would you do to blog faster?
Honestly, to maintain a blog is a little bit more work than most people think. You surely have seen this before: 99% of people who’ll start a blog, stop blogging after a few posts.
Only the 1% continues on because they are truly motivated or because they make money with it.
Since ideal-helper is a website about using a virtual assistant, my extremely easy method for writing website content with the help of audio recording and voice transcription.
Why is it important to produce content fast?
- If you try to follow along with the hundreds of discussions that happen in real-time in your niche, you cannot possibly focus on writing website content.
- If you focus on writing enough stuff, you cannot focus on promoting it online like Facebook or other social media.
- The more content you write, the more traffic you get!
Now to speak of tasks like podcasting, creating interesting e-books and so on: by working together with a virtual assistant, you can get much more of it done.
It really is doable.
What about the money?
Of course, hiring a virtual assistant costs you money. A critic could say that you’re wasting your money and that you should do it yourself.
How important a virtual assistant can be to you
The questions you must ask yourself are:
- How much is your time worth to you?
- What can you do with your time to make money when you’re not spending it with basic tasks?
For example, writing website content, illustrating your posts:
- research the right picture,
- place it with HTML
- and optimize it for the size
All of these tasks take a lot of your time.
This is a process I have outsourced for years now. It has been some time since I last illustrated a post.
Of course, if I don’t like the illustration my virtual assistant makes for me, I’ll tell him and he will propose alternatives.
I feel that your time is better invested in managing the “how” of using a virtual assistant rather than looking for the right illustration.
Perhaps you are blogging about a very specific topic that only you can really talk about.
What’s more important:
- getting your word out, your message,
- or researching basic stuff about how to run a blog or a website?
I’m happy that I’ve used Site Build It! as a method to build my websites. With this system many of the tedious web-building tasks are already taken care for me.
Also, their web-building method follows a systematic strategy that results in traffic with less meaningless work.
But you want to read about how to outsource content, right?
Well, here is how I did it.
- Almost all content that comes to mind spontaneously, I record it in real-time.
- Then, a transcriptionist transcribes the recording for me.
- Then my main virtual assistant optimizes the transcript and inserts links, pictures, all that you like to make the website readable and nice.
Of course, you must have a final proofreading before it goes online.
How to easily stay on top of your niche
In order to discuss topics that are of real interests to the world, ask your virtual assistant to send you daily a summary what’s going on in the world.
Get a list of keywords, questions and topics that are currently discussed. Give it your expert opinion in voicemail form and then watch as it gets involved into buzzing places all over the world.
Be it your website, your blog pages, Facebook, LinkedIn, forum posts, blog discussions, you name it, I’ll be there.
It’s hard to work full-time while maintaining a web business. I’ll completely agree that not everyone is able to maintain a web business.
You need perseverance and a lot of time to do this. This is why outsourcing is so important. Everyone has a message to share. Make yours be heard.
Are you a writer? Are you a hunter? Do you love to photograph? Do you love to party?
I don’t know what your passion is but you have something worthwhile to share with the world. And you don’t have the time to learn blogging and creating websites 90% of the time.
The compromise I have found for me is to learn each step of the way and immediately teach it to my virtual assistant.
This way, you can take yourself out of the equation.
What remains is your passion and your message. You can share your experience freely. Your virtual assistant or your team of virtual assistants makes sure that your passion and your experience gets out to the world.
What happens then? Well, I’ll leave it up to you.
(Hint: Like, Share, Comment the heck out of my stuff!) 😀
I can’t predict if you like my message or not. I can only try to do my best when sharing my experience with you.
What you can do is, of course, to share your feedback if you like reading my thoughts or my ideas about writing website content.
Is what I’m telling you too simple or too overwhelming?
- If what I say is too basic for you, feel free to call me on it. I’ll teach you more advanced stuff then.
- Sometimes when you’re so immersed in your passion and your subject, you lose your sense of simplicity. So if what I’m talking is too much far away from your real world experience, call me on it!
Leave a Reply