(January 02, 2013)
You know that you can simply take the Table of Content SBI block, and add it to your homepage, right? This works really well.
As your site gets older and bigger, it can make sense to make the table of contents manually. This way you can:
- Prevent keyword stuffing.
- Add additional content to your website.
- Add long tail keywords to your website.
- Add navigational thumbnails to the page.
All of these actions will lead to increase traffic and I have used it for the homepage of Ideal-helper.com as well as for my other SBI sites.
How to Do It
- Get an inventory of all your Tier 2 pages.
- Detect one picture of each Tier 2 page that you want to use as a navigational thumbnail.
- Create a title and a good description text block with some additional information about what the Tier 2 page is all about.
- Order all your Tier 2 pages in a logical order.
- And then, create your Table of Contents manually.
Each time you add an additional Tier 2 page, you need to update your manual Table of Contents or else your tier navigation will be screwed up.
How I Outsourced All of This to My Virtual Assistant
My virtual assistant is very SBI savvy so instructions don’t take long anymore. I simply recorded a series of screen recordings with a video, looked at my Table of Content that is automatically generated by SBI and recorded audio transcription files with new content for each Tier 2 page.
My VA transcribed it, formatted the transcript with the thumbnails and created a manual Table of Contents.
In addition, you or your VA can research long-tail keywords from SBI’s search engine headquarters. Actually, this is the perfect time to do it. A manual table of content has added at least a thousand words to my homepages. This leads to a lot of additional long-tail searches.
Why not use the long-tail keywords from the search engine headquarters to beef up your homepage a little bit?
Either research each keyword yourself or ask your virtual assistant to do it. This is just one small but very fundamental task that my VA has helped me with.
Do you have questions to this project or more ideas that a virtual assistant could help you with your SBI site? If yes, just join us in the comments.