how to work online
As the founder of two small businesses and from my personal experience as a college student, my main advices about how to work online are:
- Eliminate distractions
- Try to stay as far away from time-wasters like Facebook and the like
- Work as much as you can offline. You don’t need the internet as much as you think you are doing. Most of your productive work can actually be done offline.
- Use a program to cut you off the internet if you really can’t hold yourself back
- Have a tightly organize to-do list and work at one item at a time
- When you take breaks, don’t take them at the computer. Quickly procrastinating for half an hour with your favorite forum, newspaper or social networking site isn’t a break. That just plainly procrastinating.
- If you do want to take a break, the most effective way is to step away from your computer, take a walk or do something else in your apartment.
The best way to work online is to be conscious when to stop working online.
The best tips about How to work online effectively – From my VA’s perspective
I asked my virtual assistant, who knows how to stay focused and productive way more than I do, for his best ideas about how to work online:
- Don’t work for long and continuous periods. Give a short interval in between. This can really increase your productivity.
- Take a break for 30 minutes. When I say break I mean “No Computer even in front of your Eyes”
- Pre-plan your work strategies and timings. Draw a blueprint of your whole upcoming day and divide tasks according to their priority and your concentration level.
- Do not work on repetitive tasks continuously. If you have a fairly long, boring and tedious task then take breaks and do some other tasks in between.
- Take proper rest and spent some time on leisure activities or sports, it will refresh your mind.
- Watch your favorite TV program in the break, even if you are very much occupied with some important tasks, take a break for your favorite show.