Adsense Split Testing:
- Adsense Test for the List of Dares v2 has been finished and we have a clear winner based on the experiment.
- Based on the finished results, I have implemented the winner page as primary page, created another variation of it and tested once again via Google Analytics.
- Also there was some white space at the top of the page, therefore I have researched and implemented a print page function image.
- Since it is little difficult to remember that what settings have already been tested, therefore I have created a spreadsheet that will help us to track all previous tests and winners. Please have a review of: High Priority folder/Adsense Split Testing/Tier Pages Testing.xlsx
- Adsense Split-testing for C2 Pages:
- Disabled C2 ads setting on the “Dares over Phone? How to play phone Truth or Dare” and Manually placed 3 ad units on this page. Took the previous month data from Google Analytics and put together into a spreadsheet. Please have a review of High Priority folder/Adsense Split Testing/C2-Adsense Split testing.xlsx. I think this is the only way, we can split test C2 pages.
- watched the long work update feedback video and made the necessary changes including:
- Added the wedgie image submitted by an anonymous visitor to the Wedgies Dare Autoresponder Thank you page.
- Also included the post script note at the bottom of the thank you page.
- Adsense Training Key Features:
As you have asked me about what I have learned from Adsense training, so here are the key points I learned from the Adsense Training program:
- Learned about what adsense units are more profitable and what not. For example a 336×280 is a very profitable ad unit.
- Large ad unit sizes have better performance because they also cover smaller ad units. For example, if we use a 336×280 unit, a 300×250 or 250×250 can also be displayed within the same frame.
- Some ad units are good performers for the desktop PCs, but not for mobile site versions. For example a 336×280 unit works best for PCs, but not for mobile sites. Similarly 320×100 ad unit is one of the best unit for mobiles and tablets, but it doesn’t work well for desktop version.
- Based on the above information, we can use multiple ad units for both mobile and desktop versions. For example, we can use a container box with a 336×280 ad unit and then change its setting to show only on desktop version and then use another container box with a 320×100 unit, which is only visible to mobile sites.
Note: According to GA, on party games site, more than 60% traffic comes from mobile devices.
Additional Note: I am not sure whether its a workable idea or not. Therefore, I haven’t implemented it on any of the pages.