Interested in strongly accelerating your email list building results?
Follow along as I show you how a Virtual Assistant can help you bring you traffic and subscribers.
Why is an email list important?
Building an email list is the most important step of truly getting successful with your online business.
- Get ahead of your competition by starting your online business with the right set of tools.
- As you “capture” interested people in your email list, you can start building a relationship with them. This way, it will be most effective when you really want to recommend a product to them.
Having a responsive, growing list is crucial for your success.
Getting traffic to your websites is the first step for building your list.
How a Virtual Assistant can help you with tasks within your email marketing service
I tested different email delivery services and without question, Aweber is the best one. It has extensive training materials available. This makes it very easy even for an inexperienced (and possibly lower cost) Virtual Assistant to get trained without much effort from the side of you, the employer.
Some tasks that are time consuming that can be effectively outsourced to a VA:
- Set up emails from a word file in the Aweber interface. Especially if you use advanced designs, colors etc
- Moving email autoresponders that you have set up in the past with the classic autoresponder to the more flexible and modern campaign builder. This can be very time consuming to do on your own if you have long autoresponders or many lists
- Setting up lists if you segment your audience. This means that you send one set of messages to visitors interested in one aspect of your business and another one to other groups of your visitors. This allows for much better conversion rates.
- Your VA can review reports, analytics from the Aweber interface and point out actionable informations for you, so that you don’t have to review the analytics yourself. Checking on analytics daily is a very pointless and ineffective, but easy to fall in time consuming activity. Just leave it to your VA who will focus on just the right things.
Put to work an email list building ebook with a VA
Your email list building efforts should all start with a comprehensive list building blueprint.
The overall blueprint involves a lot of work. Just to be honest with you.
The work needed for these strategies to work is more time consuming than hard, actually. And that’s exactly the right moment to leverage your time using outsourcing.
You can turn the hard work into more easy list building by getting one trustworthy Virtual Assistant to help you.
What are some steps to start?
First, it’s important to understand the concept of a viral list builder.
If you don’t stay focused and jump right in, you risk losing lots of time and even money, as these services try really hard to upgrade you from free to paying members!
Three proven services that work
Here are three services (from a choice of many dozen services – don’t get sucked into it too fast!) that you can check out to generate quite a bit of traffic.
- Inform yourself about the email service Viralinbox to keep the emails in your personal email account manageable. This is especially useful when you start using multiple viral list builders!
- Protect all your “viral affiliate links” that you will use in this email list building project with ViralURL.
- Ready to effectively generate traffic? To start, I recommend the State-of-the-Art-Mailer (SOTAM) from personal experience (including a free ebook with step-by-step instructions!).
No need to do all at once (even if all these services will try to convince you to sign up everywhere).
Stay calm and focused, and work with your VA on each service until you get the traffic and results you need. Don’t invest any money (except in your assistant, of course), before you don’t see any subscriptions.
Train your personal assistants thoroughly: it will pay back to you tenfold. On the other hand, also make sure that your virtual assistant training efforts are applied effectively.
Working with one VS multiple virtual assistants
I tried working with a team of providers on Odesk. This was stressful, as each and everyone needed and deserved clear instructions from me.
Outsourcing turned into a full time job – I would have gotten things done in the same time that I outsourced it.
Not so good!
Now, I decided to train dedicated, highly motivated staff for me. Focusing on the virtual assistant training for one provider at a time took less time and yielded more results.
How many assistants do you want to hire and train at the same time?
Here is the maximum that I was willing to work with after years of outsourcing experience – in addition to one primary virtual assistant:
- One specialist for one-day-a-week tasks in addition to my “main” virtual assistant
- Several short time helpers for on-off fixed price tasks that needed to be done in few days
Be prepared if your personal assistant quits
There is one big risk and downside to hiring one excellent provider and training him everything you know, though:
What if the cooperation ends?
- There are many reasons a freelancer would stop working with you.
- He could be unhappy with the payment.
- He could have other, more lucrative working agreements with other employers. He could have found a better paid, permanent offline job.
This is a risk you have to be aware of, as an employer. I propose one solution to this biggest risk:
Create a backup virtual assistant training plan!
- The VA shows how well he has understood his tasks. They say that you have not mastered anything before you cannot teach it to others.
- He creates the instructions for a possible successor for you. No need to worry about being left alone with all your work on the desk. (There will be a transition phase though, where less work will be done!)
Save this training plan and be prepared to send it to a possible successor.
Automated Virtual Assistant Training with an Autoresponder
Or, if you are successful with your online business, you can also distribute your training using an email autoresponder service to a whole team of virtual assistants. Automate the expansion of your enterprise, so to speak.
Whatever happens, I am really glad the cooperation works so smoothly for all this time till now.
Feedback is as important as training was
You taught your virtual assistant lots of skills that he will profit from in future assignments. Don’t forget that he used these skills to work for you, for many hours, at a competitive price.
The least you, as an employer must do, is put in some work to write a solid feedback for him.
When you are working with a provider who does a very good job, like mine does, make sure you leave him with more than a few words of thanks at the end.
Every person has the potential to create his own online business. Not everyone uses the right tools to turn his potential online home based business ideas into real income.
Your ideas are a unique and hidden treasure
You are a walking fortune. Sounds cheezy? I know, sorry.
What I want to say to you is that you have a best-selling book or a super popular website stuck in your brain.
I don’t know what is your big passion. It may be hiking, yoga or collecting stamps. But there is something that you know LOTS about. And there ARE people that are looking to find this info on the net.
Believe me, there are so many people looking for so much different stuff, you won’t believe what crazy ideas you can make money with.
Where does the money come from?
If you are an expert in something – even if it is paper-ball-tossing! – you can present that information to others that are willing to bring value to the table in exchange.
That’s almost all the secret there is to make a business.
Start with the right tools
There are however, a multitude of wrong approaches you can take. Let me show you one example:
The answer: no.
For me personally, using Site Build It! is the way to success. The “downside”? You’ll have to invest a lot more work than what the easy promises on the internet might say.
You won’t lose unnecessary time working without a working business plan and without training. This is all included in the system.
The secret of creating more free time
You’ll read much phony stuff out there on the internet when you start researching good info about how to actually build an online business on something you love.
Some people will promise you great riches over night if you just sign up here… Blabla!
Don’t trust those easy promises!
If it was that easy, don’t you think everyone would not be driving a Benz right now…?
So, what works if the easy way out is not true, in my opinion?
Long, hard work… works! Be it online or in the real life. You will need to invest some serious time and commit to your online biz.
But who has the time?
No one. I had taken a few months off after graduating before jumping into the world of work. And there still was not enough time.
Get a trustworthy virtual helper. That’s what you will learn all over this site. What is a great challenge to you alone is much more doable with some (extremely affordable) help from outside.
On a side note:
The process of using this website building system is also doable alone. You can turn your online home based business ideas into reality, even alone. it will just take a lot of time.
However, it will take less time with a virtual assistant.
Why this system works so well with virtual assistants
The great feature of this system is that it is described in simple followable steps that are understandable even for someone without any training.
That makes it perfect for using it together with a virtual assistant. What actually takes the most time before working with a VA really pays off big time, is the time you need to invest into your VA for training. But the training wheels of the SBI-system drastically reduce this time.
You’ll reach the point where you make your online home based business ideas reality much, much sooner with some help.
The oDesk feedback and rating system is the bottom line “carrot and stick” – next to the money paid with either fixed-price jobs or hourly jobs – to make sure the quality of the outsourced work is top notch.
It is very crucial, not only for oDesk but also for many other outsourcing services.
- The better you are rated as a provider, the more likely you are hired on the next job and vice versa.
To virtual assistants reading this, but also potential employers…
It’s not only your oDesk feedback that counts but also the feedback of others after the completion of the project.
The oDesk feedback score is like an online reputation
It works just like a job reference or testimonial. If all your testimonials sound really excited and extremely positive than you will impress your future employer and the likelihood of you being hired raises a lot.
This encourages the provider to really give their best. On the other hand, once you have a bad reference in your profile it will not go away so easily.
Employers usually read all references – at least that’s what I do and that’s what I expect everyone who reads the content of this website to do!
But sometimes providers go after sheer numbers as they might have a bad score, instead of gathering solid references, they try to fix their scores with numerous scores by doing really simple and easy small jobs which can be easily finished. This raises their average feedback a bit.
Be careful and read beyond the oDesk Feedback Score
Careful employers read beyond the simple feedback rating system. Smart employers only read the testimonials. Or take note of the missing of testimonials.
“Comment made private” always sets off my alarm bells for any provider.
The importance of the feedback score from the point of view of a virtual assistant
As always, I asked my virtual assistant for his unbiased opinion. How important is the oDesk feedback score really?
Here is what he shared with me…
For me as a provider obviously feedback is very important, but feedback score is much more important than feedback text. I would not mind if an employer gives me a 5 star rating with a little feedback like “Thanks for your hard work!” is pretty much more than acceptable.
On the flip side if someone writes long feedback praising my work and my work attitude, highly recommending me to others but only gives me 3 stars, I would not prefer it.
Many employers usually specify required feedback score within the job post.
Obviously feedback remarks are also important but I don’t think that all employers review it very carefully, normally they judge you with your overall profile and if you have a good feedback score, you are more likely to get hired rather than a person having one or two remarkable feedbacks.
But there is a thing which I rate above both feedback and score is the experience, I think the most important factor of your freelancing profile is your experience and availability. So if you have worked more hours you always have an advantage.
But here employers need to be a bit more careful because some freelancers are also outsourcing their work even further. Since they are so experienced and they have thousands of hours under their profile so they are more likely to get hired by most of the people, but here look at these statistics.
How can somebody work without eating or sleeping continuously for 6 months or so?
So I would consider it a spam because he has an experienced profile, therefore he is getting contracts and outsourcing his work to other providers.
How to keep your assistant motivated is part-21 of the second interview from Stefan from Germany, who lives the Four Hour Work Week lifestyle in Thailand.
- One concern every employer has that how many time virtual assistants need to learn new skills and what if they lose focus while doing a task and not completing it.
- The best way to keep your assistant motivated and loyal to you is constant and well meaning communication.
- Don’t communicate with your virtual assistant while you are angry or you shout at your assistant. He will be scared, he will leave immediately and thus all money you invested in his training is in vain.
Start of the Interview:
Follow along to learn from our experience on working with VAs!
- Learn how to setup initial tasks with virtual assistants effectively
- How to outsource tasks one at a time to your virtual assistant to avoid overwhelming information.
- Learn how to encourage the virtual assistant to ask questions in the beginning process of outsourcing task
Start of the Interview: